12 Great Excuses to Wear a Costume Even When It’s Not Halloween
The custom of Halloween and Halloween fancy costumes date back about 2000 years to the old Celtic festival of Samhain. 1st November was celebrated by the Celts as the New Year; it also marked the end of summer and the beginning of winter. It was also associated with death.
Halloween is perhaps the only day when you get into the mood of fun and frolic. You capture the excitement pretending to be someone or something else for a change. The Halloween costumes come at an extravagant price, and a lot of money is spent for only that day. How would you feel to know that you can wear these costumes on other days as well? Here are 12 great excuses when you can wear a costume even when it is not Halloween.
1. St. Patrick’s Day
This is one great day when everyone will wear green. You can be an exception and not wear the same old “Kiss Me, I’m Irish” t-shirt. For a change you can show up at the festival or at the pub dressed as a sexy and revealing Irish Girl or as a full-on leprechaun. If you feel a little adventurous, head to the grand St. Patrick’s Day parade in New York. You can even chance upon an offer in a fiction movie.
Easter is a fun day which is usually spent with family and friends hunting egg. You can add some more fun to it and make it different by asking everyone to wear a bunny costume and have a bunny themed party. This will not only turn out to be fun but also a moment that your family will cherish.
3. Renaissance Festival
Renaissance festival is a festival where you have a lot of scope to wear your Halloween costume. You can do so much and see at the Renaissance festival. You can be a knight jousting or you can even be a gypsy dancing to her tunes. It’s a great excuse to wear your Renaissance costume.
4. Talk Like a Pirate Day
Held on the September 19 each year the name Talk Like a Pirate Day itself is quite a self-explanatory event. You can dress in a pirate costume and get all the “scurvy bilge rats” together and have a pint of grog at your favorite bar.
Costumes add a new dimension to your relationship which you have never thought about. The costumes are quite a nice treat for every night of the year and not just Halloween. Dressing up and acting out is a seducing way to connect and have a good experience from the usual routine.
6. Boardroom Presentations
Costumes can remove the boredom from the boardroom. Usually in the boardroom presentation a person goes on with a presentation, which usually turns monotonous after sometime. However, with a costume it adds a new element and makes it quite impressive and different than usual.
7. Visiting a Concert
Imagine you are on Las Vegas Strip watching The Sirens of TI dressed like a Pirate yourself, or even better you are a part of Beetles concert dressed like them. May be you will be the only person who will dress so elaborately in costumes and show how loyal fans you are!
8. Independence Day
Having a party on Independence Day is pretty common and wearing a costume of Uncle Sam, or statue of liberty or even Betsy Ross. This one day you have the liberty to bleed red, white and blue. This Independence Day you can show your patriotism wearing a costume!
9. Mardi Gras
The Mardi gras celebrations take place from the day the first King Cakes hit the shelves in January to the Fat Tuesday parade finale in late February to early March. The annual Mardi gras celebration is famous for being notorious for its profligacy and sinfulness. Mostly people wear quite less however you can match it up with a Mardi gras costume and complimenting mask.
Christmas gives you a lot of scope to utilize your costumes. You can dress up a Santa and surprise your kids, or join your church’s Nativity play, or join your holiday party in an outfit accompanied with a whimsical mistletoe hat. The ladies can also dress up a Sexy Santa’s helper costume.
Carnival is a festive that occurs immediately before Lent. Carnival mostly involves a public celebration or parade. People mostly dress up and masquerade during these celebrations. You can dress up in your costume with a mask and mark an overturning of daily life.
12. Fashion Show
Fashion shows usually feature some of the most weird and wackiest dresses. You can dress yourself up in a 19th century Victorian garb or in a Steampunk or Gothic attire to stand out in the crowd.
Costumes are not simply for kids or for Halloween anymore and certainly they are not just for October. So if you feel that you need to bring out your costume, these 12 excuses should be enough to motivate you.
7 Responses to “12 Great Excuses to Wear a Costume Even When It’s Not Halloween”
Leave a Reply
News and Updates
Sign up to receive breaking news
as well as receive other site updates!
Articles Under Apple Section
Articles Under Design Section
- 20 Creative Humor Posters
- 42 Creative Modern Ads For Inspiration
- 25 Creative Wedding Invitations Designs
- 30 Fresh And Latest Photo Manipulation Art
- 21 Heart Touching Love Cards
- 35 Creative Imagination Vs Reality Art Work By Ben Heine
- Photoshop vs. Real
- 35 Creative HTML5 Websites
- 40 Creative Photoshop Images in Advertising
- 25 Cool Example of Fog Pictures
- 25 Humorous Business Cards
- How To Become A Professional Photographer
- 20 Creative Wine And Beverage Posters
- 25 Chill Landscape Pictures For This Winter
- Beautiful And Creative 2011 Monthly Calendar
Articles Under Media Section
- Little Known Facts About Mahatma Gandhi [Infographic]
- On The Phone
- What if Social Media were a Highschool?
- 20 Hot Male Models Using the Perfect Stripping Methods
- 15 Hottest NBA WAGs
- 25 Romantic Valentine Cards Examples
- Couple Kissing Pictures For This Valentine
- 35 Creative Vintage Computer Ads
- 8 Best Gaming Ads Of 2010
- List of Best Political Cartoons of 2010 for Christmas
- 10 Most And Least Brainy Cities In United States
- 25 Hot Male Models Photos
- Do’s And Don’ts on First Date – Funny
- Top Bollywood Actresses Ruling Magzine Covers
- 20 Novels Depicting Life in New York
Articles Under Microsoft Section
Articles Under Marketing Section
- 7 Tips To Get Hasty Payments From Your Client
- 20 Creative Wine And Beverage Posters
- How to Work with Different Breeds of Clients
- 7 Top Strategies to Make Anything Sell
- 10 Valuable Life Lessons Learnt from Bees
- Facebook hits Yahoo! Mail
- How Big Companies Utilize the Power of Social Media?
- 10 Ways to Show the World of Marketing You Care
- Fifteen Marketing Books Every Marketing Professional Should Read
- How can Internet Marketing Help Your Business to Grow
- How to Build an Effective Marketing Strategy
- Ingredients of an Effective Marketing Plan
- What Advice You Can Get From a Marketing Professional
- Difference Between Online And Offline Marketing
- Thirty Marketing Gurus and Their Mantras to Success