Dead or Alive: Infamous Celebrities Who Rule Facebook
There have always been events in the history of Mankind which renders a touch of immortality to the eras in which they occur. There have been wars, socio-cultural movements, religious reformations and even literary or artistic uproar in the form of the Renaissance and many more that would keep illuminating till the Doom’s Day.
If the 21st century is ever accounted for something remarkable, the predominance and popularity of the social networking sites will be definitely one of the contenders.
Over the years, since February 2004 Facebook has been a leader among the social networking sites. Its popularity even led celebrities to have their personal webpage. This helped them to openly interact with their fans coupled with regular of their concerts, movies, sport feats and many other features.
Elements of life such as scandalous lifestyles, criminal and drug abuse cases or even fatality has not been able to tarnish their popularity.
Here are some of the popular faces among Facebook celebrities who have broken all records of fan following.
10. Lindsay Lohan
She is a vivacious model, actress and a singer, all packaged into one. But with a legacy of family troubles with parents who are undecided about their marriage life couldn’t be free from controversies for Lindsay.
- She began her career at the age of 3 with Ford Models that was followed by other top of the line modelling assignments with Calvin Klein, Pizza Hut and Abercrombie Kids among others.
- She, however, managed to evade the paparazzi only to meet with multiple car crashes and survive injuries.
- She was arrested on one occasion after a car crash on account of driving under the influence of alcohol and possession of cocaine.
Lindsay Lohan may have hit an all time low or needs to convince her producers and directors but she does not have to do the same with her fans as a figure of 105,127 in Facebook looks robust as it is.
9. Mel Gibson
We all know Mel Gibson, ‘the maverick’, for his multifariousness.- As an actor, producer, director and a screenwriter. However, there is more to him than what meets the eye.
- Media has a record of the statement he made in an inebriated state and domestic violence.
- Gibson stated in an interview with ‘The Playboy’ that President Bill Clinton was a low level opportunist in 1995.
- Mel Gibson has been accused of spewing a vile Racist Tirade against Oksana Grigorieva in 2010which went as “If You Get Raped By A Pack Of N***ERS It Won’t Be My Fault”.
- A man who began drinking at the age of 13 has been charged with the same on several occasions.
Also, reputed to be a mastermind in jokes and pranks, Mel Gibson surely knows the way to the hearts of a strong fan following of 109,352 on Facebook.
8. Rachael Ray
She is a gourmet queen with multiple cookbooks and shows to her credit.
- She was born to parents of Italian and American origin in Massachusetts USA.
- She pioneered the concept of 30 minute meals.
- In the year 2003 she posed in men’s magazine named FHM. She ranked 71 in FMH’s list of 100 sexiest women in 2006. Her portrayal led to controversies.
However, she continues to rule the hearts of her fans with a Facebook following of 280,115.
7. Tiger Woods
One of the all time best that the game of Golf has known Eldrick Tont Woods was born in 1975.
- The present numero uno in Golf rankings, Woods is also one of the most successful sports professionals in the world with the maximum number of Grand Slam victories.
- In the year 2003 he married Elin Nordegren. They have two children – a girl and a boy.
- In 2009 it was rumored that Tiger Woods was having an affair with a nightclub manager Rachel Uchitel. Shortly afterwards Woods met with a car accident that he was driving himself.
- The following claim was a two and half year relationship that was made by San Diego cocktail waitress Jaimee Grubbs. She produced text and voice messages in which Woods requested her to change her phone number as his wife had got a sniff about their amorous relationship.
- Several other claims of extra-marital relationships and subsequent fallouts with sponsors and endorsements led Woods to issue an apology in 2010 where he admitted to his infidelity.
It is reported that Woods admitted to his wife that he had 120 affairs. Considering his record breaking stints with the game of golf and love it is not unusual that his Facebook fan following amount to a figure of 1,423,545.
Madonna Louise Ciccone was born in 1958 in Michigan. With countless hits to her credit like ‘Papa Don’t Preach’, ‘Like a Virgin’ and ‘Like a Prayer’ among many others she is regarded by her fans as a living legend in the pantheon of pop music and a true diva.
- She was always in news for her dare and bare acts on stage (maybe off stage as well!) and music videos throughout her career. Criticism only made her more resolute in her adventures.
- Early in her career she developed a fashion style statement with lace tops and fishnet stockings, jewellery with the crucifix and known to have a penchant for bleached hair.
- There were protests against her album ‘Like a Virgin’ that was stated to encourage pre-marital sex and undermine family values.
- She was featured nude in Playboy magazine with some of her earlier photographs taken in 1978.
- Her maiden books was titled “SEX”.
Madonna may have taken an undeclared hiatus from her celebrity magic but her Facebook fan following remains at 2,100,210.
Usher Raymond IV started his musical career around the nineties and rose to fame. There are several hits to his credit and success seems to always have a helm of controversies for celebs.
- Usher’s relationship with TLC member Rozonda “Chilli” Thomas broke after two years in 2003 when she claimed that he had cheated on her during that time.
- The same message could be apparently felt by her fans in the lyrics of Usher’s album called ‘Confessions’ that followed in the same year.
- In the year 2009, he filed for divorce from his wife all of a sudden claiming that they were living separately for over a year. This was strongly refuted by friends and family members, saying that they were never separated and lived in Atlanta until March 2009.
We may never know the reasons behind the moves of his mind but he has a fan following of 2,698,924 in Facebook.
4. Britney Spears
She forayed into the world of music and instantly became a teenage star icon. Life has been a roller coaster ride for this beautiful singer.
- She was born as Britney Jean Spears in 1981.
- She kick started her career as one of the most successful entertainers in the world.
- She married childhood friend Jason Alexander in 2004 and dissolved it within a span of 55 hours.
- She married dancer Kevin Federline in the same year in September.
- In September 2005, she gave birth to her first child – a baby boy. She was photographed with her son seated on her lap as she drove with one hand in 2006. Fetched her criticisms from horrified child advocates.
- She had a second child in 2006 and filed for divorce from Kevin Federline in November of the same year.
Britney Spears has been subject to a flurry of controversies, culminating in her losing custody of children due to medical treatment and rehabilitation resulting from her involvement in drugs abuse. Her Facebook fan following remains at 4,034,680, nevertheless.
3. Cristiano Ronaldo
A footballer with millions of fans, Cristiano Ronaldo is a star footballer with of Real Madrid.
- He received libel damages from Daily Mirror that spoke of him getting drunk in a nightclub.
- In 2010 Ronaldo became a father to a baby boy. The identity of the mother is however unknown.
In 2010 Ronaldo became the first sportsman to reach a $10 million mark on Facebook, the first celeb outside USA to have done so. However, he had a forgettable 2010 FIFA World Cup, with Portugal bowing out in the round of sixteen.
2. Lady Gaga
- Lady Gaga was born as Stefanie Joanne Angelina Germanotta in the year 1986. She took her name from the popular number of Freddie Mercury of pop group Queen called Radio Gaga.
- She can be categorized as a star with an outrageous fashion style statement of her own that draws even more attention than her popular music.
- She is considered to be a popular icon among the gay community.
Lady Gaga has always maintained her bisexuality as less than a well kept secret, just as much as maintaining a strong fan following of 15,634,240 in Facebook.
1. Michael Jackson
He was a child star who went on to become an icon. He continued to rule the stage of music as a teenager and as an adult.
- Best Selling Album included Thriller, Bad, Off the Wall, Dangerous and History
- He was believed to have bleached his skin excessively for a fair complexion. In 1993 during his interview with Oprah Winfrey he admitted that he had vitiligo.
- In the year 1993 Jackson was charged with child sexual abuse. He was accused of sexually molesting Jordan Chandler by his father.
- He was charged with child sexual abuse (paedophilia) case for the second time in 2003 on the basis of video evidence.
Michael Jackson passed away under mysterious circumstances yet to be unravelled. He is survived by 3 children and a huge legacy and a 18,497,798 fan following in Facebook. The number is increasing.
4 Responses to “Dead or Alive: Infamous Celebrities Who Rule Facebook”
Leave a Reply
News and Updates
Sign up to receive breaking news
as well as receive other site updates!
Articles Under Apple Section
Articles Under Design Section
- 20 Creative Humor Posters
- 42 Creative Modern Ads For Inspiration
- 25 Creative Wedding Invitations Designs
- 30 Fresh And Latest Photo Manipulation Art
- 21 Heart Touching Love Cards
- 35 Creative Imagination Vs Reality Art Work By Ben Heine
- Photoshop vs. Real
- 35 Creative HTML5 Websites
- 40 Creative Photoshop Images in Advertising
- 25 Cool Example of Fog Pictures
- 25 Humorous Business Cards
- How To Become A Professional Photographer
- 20 Creative Wine And Beverage Posters
- 25 Chill Landscape Pictures For This Winter
- Beautiful And Creative 2011 Monthly Calendar
Articles Under Media Section
- Little Known Facts About Mahatma Gandhi [Infographic]
- On The Phone
- What if Social Media were a Highschool?
- 20 Hot Male Models Using the Perfect Stripping Methods
- 15 Hottest NBA WAGs
- 25 Romantic Valentine Cards Examples
- Couple Kissing Pictures For This Valentine
- 35 Creative Vintage Computer Ads
- 8 Best Gaming Ads Of 2010
- List of Best Political Cartoons of 2010 for Christmas
- 10 Most And Least Brainy Cities In United States
- 25 Hot Male Models Photos
- Do’s And Don’ts on First Date – Funny
- Top Bollywood Actresses Ruling Magzine Covers
- 20 Novels Depicting Life in New York
Articles Under Microsoft Section
Articles Under Marketing Section
- 7 Tips To Get Hasty Payments From Your Client
- 20 Creative Wine And Beverage Posters
- How to Work with Different Breeds of Clients
- 7 Top Strategies to Make Anything Sell
- 10 Valuable Life Lessons Learnt from Bees
- Facebook hits Yahoo! Mail
- How Big Companies Utilize the Power of Social Media?
- 10 Ways to Show the World of Marketing You Care
- Fifteen Marketing Books Every Marketing Professional Should Read
- How can Internet Marketing Help Your Business to Grow
- How to Build an Effective Marketing Strategy
- Ingredients of an Effective Marketing Plan
- What Advice You Can Get From a Marketing Professional
- Difference Between Online And Offline Marketing
- Thirty Marketing Gurus and Their Mantras to Success