Facebook hits Yahoo! Mail
Yahoo, ever since it came into existence has been introducing various social networking applications in its list of services, first it was chatting then messenger, next yahoo dragged orkut on its homepage and now its facebook’s turn. Yahoo mail users will now be able to access their facebook accounts using their mailbox. Moreover scrolling through a friend’s facebook profile is also facilitated by this new yahoo application.
Though not competing with facebook and the like, this widely used web e-mail service has been trying to earn itself the title of a social networking site. Not putting a full stop here, and with increased efforts, yahoo is bringing drawing more services for its users. This integration shall take place through a special partnership between the two firms.
Though not being pushed broadly as of now, these new features – updating the facebook status via yahoo mail and also accessing photos of contacts; will be hitting only a few selected markets initially but will be opened to wider market within a couple of months.
Yahoo has also launched a facility that enables importing Facebook contact’s e – mail addresses via the contact importer. Though this is an ordinary feature, it is likely to receive a warm welcome from yahoo mail users as well as from facebook users.
The best part of the entire news is that facebook shall grant access to your data without you having to fill a separate form, all you will be required to do is click on “add to Facebook” in the status section of Yahoo Mail’s What’s New page and signing in using your Facebook account. Once the accounts are linked, users can type a message in a status box that appears in Yahoo Mail and choose to post it on Facebook, on Yahoo or both. If they choose to post it on Yahoo, the status message shows up on their contacts’ What’s New page in Yahoo Mail.
2 Responses to “Facebook hits Yahoo! Mail”
Leave a Reply
Articles Under Apple Section
Articles Under Design Section
- 101 More Impressive Business Card Design
- 25 More Excellent Tattoo Design
- Beautiful Examples of Pink Color Web Pages
- 46 Excellent Water Drops Photography
- How to Create a Realistic Credit Card in Photoshop
- 17 Creative WebPage Designs Created Through CS5
- 32 Creative Water Designs to Stay Fresh this Autumn
- Attractive Painting Example of Comic Superheroes
- 25 Creative Wedding Card Designs
- 23 Creative Twitter Background Design of Geeks
- 20 Creative Examples of Birthday Card Design 2010
- 16 Creative example of Hot Female Drawing Art
- 10 Creative Examples of Woodland Critters Art Design
- 23 Deadly and Heart Storming examples Of Digital Art
- 25 Latest and Well-Designed Resume Example
Articles Under Media Section
- Still………..WTF Digg..?????
- Do’s and Don’ts with Babies
- Seven Lesser Known Incredible Facts About 9/11
- Match Fixing Incidents Till Date
- Digg V.4 Fail
- Phone Call facility on Gmail
- 10 Incredible Inventions By The British
- 20 Hot Bollywood Babes Who Could Replace Hollywood Actresses
- A Sneak Peek Into Barrack Obama’s Personal Life
- Fifteen Digital Media Personnel Without Whom We Would Have Been Watching Television
- Twenty Media Whiz Women Who Changed the Media Altogether
Articles Under Microsoft Section
Articles Under Marketing Section
- How to Work with Different Breeds of Clients
- 7 Top Strategies to Make Anything Sell
- 10 Valuable Life Lessons Learnt from Bees
- Facebook hits Yahoo! Mail
- How Big Companies Utilize the Power of Social Media?
- 10 Ways to Show the World of Marketing You Care
- Fifteen Marketing Books Every Marketing Professional Should Read
- How can Internet Marketing Help Your Business to Grow
- How to Build an Effective Marketing Strategy
- Ingredients of an Effective Marketing Plan
- What Advice You Can Get From a Marketing Professional
- Difference Between Online And Offline Marketing
- Thirty Marketing Gurus and Their Mantras to Success
- Barack Obama’s Ultimate Guide to Marketing: How he Used Internet and Social Media to Become President-Elect