Fifteen Digital Media Personnel Without Whom We Would Have Been Watching Television
The boundaries of the internet have extended to domains never thought of. This is just because of some people who had extraordinary entrepreneurial skills and vision to make the internet this powerful.
Some of those major contributors to the kingdom of the internet are as follows.
1. Sabeer Bhatia: He is the founder of Hotmail.com. He started his professional career by joining Apple in 1991.Later he joined Firepower Systems. Later he started Hotmail.com. This website attracted more than 1 million subscribers in less than six months. Hotmail was purchased by Microsoft for $400 million. In January 2008 he started a free web based teleconferencing system called SabSeBolo.com
2. Larry Page & Sergey Brin: Both Larry Page and Sergey Brin are the founders and presidents of Google but now the former heads the products division while the latter is the head of the technology division. Google started operating in 1998 and now has more than 20,000 employees. In 2004 both of them were honored with Marconi Prize. Larry is from Michigan while Sergey is from Moscow (Russia). Sergey mainly focuses on technical issues such as extraction of information from sources that are unstructured and data mining especially with reference to scientific data and large collections of text.
3. Jerry Yang and David Filo: Both are the founders of Yahoo.com. This started as a student hobby but now is a global brand. It has drastically changed the world of communication. It is the No.1 Internet brand. It is accessed by the largest number of audience in the world. Some say that Yahoo! is an acronym for “Yet Another Hierarchical Officious Oracle”.
4. Michael Arrington: He is also from California. He is famous for TechCrunch.com. This blog has the latest news about technology and startups. He is the cofounder of Achex which is an online payments company. The First Data Corp acquired Achex in 2001. Achex now offers services as a back end infrastructure for Western Union online. Michael Arrington founded and ran Zip.ca and Pooln.com. In 2005 he founded TechCrunch and in 2008 featured in the Time magazine as one of 100 top influential people in the world.
5. Mark Zuckerberg: He is the creator of Facebook. Facebook is an online social website. He has formed the Facebook Platform. It is a development platform for programmers. This platform can be used to create social applications within Facebook. In 2007 Mark announced a new social advertising system. Beacon which is a part of new program enables people to share information.
6. Kevin Rose: He was born in California. On air talent brought him to limelight. Later he worked as a co-host in “The Screen Savers”. This was a very popular show on TechTV. This program was later renamed as “Attack of the Show” on the channel G4. In 2005 he resigned from the network. Rose is famous for starting various websites. He has been the cofounder of Revision3 and Powance. He has been the cofounder of Digg. Digg is a social bookmarking website.
7. Garrett Camp: He is the founder of StumbleUpon.com. This website facilitates the users of the internet to rate and discover the photos, web pages and videos. This site is a personalized recommendation engine. This site uses the principles of peer and social networking. In this site has a built in facility for one click blogging.
8. Steve Huffman and Alexis Ohanian: These two personalities are famous for creating and founding the website Reddit.com. The best feature of this website is its facilitating the discussion areas. The posted links are usually discussed in this area. The viewers can vote pro or anti for each other’s comments. If the comment gets a lot of negative comments it will not be displayed but if it collects a lot of positive comments it gets “karma” points.
9. Reid Hoffman: He is the founding CEO of LinkedIn.com. Now he is the Chairman and president of products of LinkedIn.com. He also formulates the business strategy of the company. He is also famous for playing highly influential management roles in large technology companies. He was also the executive vice president of PayPal and played an important role in the acquisition of eBay.
10. Orkut Büyükkökten: He is basically from Turkey but has a PhD in Computer Science from Stanford University. In his research work he laid stress on efficient PDA and Web Search. He joined Google in 2002. He still continues to be one of the top employees at Google. He started Orkut.com as an independent project. Orkut.com is one of the largest social network websites in the world. It ranks third in the world. There was a big legal issue and proceeding initiated by InCircle against Orkut. This was because of alleged presence of nine identical bugs in both the websites.
11. Evan Williams: He is from Nebraska. He is famous as the starter of Twitter.com and Odeo. He also maintains Evhead which is a popular weblog. He is also the cofounder of Pyra Labs. Pyra Labs makes project management software. He cofounded Odeo in 2004. He later cofounded Obvious Corp. He is also considered to be among the top influential persons on the web.
12. Joshua Schachter: He is famous for the creation of Delicious.com. He also created geoURL and is the co-creator of Memepool. Joshua is credited for coining the term social bookmarking. The service provided by Delicious featured tagging. Tagging is system invented by Joshua for organizing the links.
13. Guy Kawasaki: He is the managing director of Garage Technology Ventures. He was the Apple Fellow at Apple Computer Inc. He has written 8 books. He entered the world of computer and internet through EduWare Services. Later he got job at Apple and was fascinated by Macintosh. He has experience as an entrepreneur, evangelist, venture capitalist and investment banker.
14. Amit Agarwal: He is from India and is a professional blogger. He is also a technology columnist. He is founder of the blog named “Digital Inspiration.” This blog features internet application, software reviews and consumer technology. Amit uses the Google AdSense to monetize his blog.
15. Darren Rowse: He is one of the most famous professional bloggers in the world. His personal blog called “Living Room” covers a wide range of topics from religion, to politics to cultural observations. In 2003 he launched the Digital Photography Blog. He is also working on the other two blogs named Digital Photography School and Problogger.net. He is the co-founder of SixFigureBlogging.com. He is a renowned consultant for blogging.
5 Responses to “Fifteen Digital Media Personnel Without Whom We Would Have Been Watching Television”
Leave a Reply
Articles Under Apple Section
Articles Under Design Section
- 101 More Impressive Business Card Design
- 25 More Excellent Tattoo Design
- Beautiful Examples of Pink Color Web Pages
- 46 Excellent Water Drops Photography
- How to Create a Realistic Credit Card in Photoshop
- 17 Creative WebPage Designs Created Through CS5
- 32 Creative Water Designs to Stay Fresh this Autumn
- Attractive Painting Example of Comic Superheroes
- 25 Creative Wedding Card Designs
- 23 Creative Twitter Background Design of Geeks
- 20 Creative Examples of Birthday Card Design 2010
- 16 Creative example of Hot Female Drawing Art
- 10 Creative Examples of Woodland Critters Art Design
- 23 Deadly and Heart Storming examples Of Digital Art
- 25 Latest and Well-Designed Resume Example
Articles Under Media Section
- Still………..WTF Digg..?????
- Do’s and Don’ts with Babies
- Seven Lesser Known Incredible Facts About 9/11
- Match Fixing Incidents Till Date
- Digg V.4 Fail
- Phone Call facility on Gmail
- 10 Incredible Inventions By The British
- 20 Hot Bollywood Babes Who Could Replace Hollywood Actresses
- A Sneak Peek Into Barrack Obama’s Personal Life
- Fifteen Digital Media Personnel Without Whom We Would Have Been Watching Television
- Twenty Media Whiz Women Who Changed the Media Altogether
Articles Under Microsoft Section
Articles Under Marketing Section
- How to Work with Different Breeds of Clients
- 7 Top Strategies to Make Anything Sell
- 10 Valuable Life Lessons Learnt from Bees
- Facebook hits Yahoo! Mail
- How Big Companies Utilize the Power of Social Media?
- 10 Ways to Show the World of Marketing You Care
- Fifteen Marketing Books Every Marketing Professional Should Read
- How can Internet Marketing Help Your Business to Grow
- How to Build an Effective Marketing Strategy
- Ingredients of an Effective Marketing Plan
- What Advice You Can Get From a Marketing Professional
- Difference Between Online And Offline Marketing
- Thirty Marketing Gurus and Their Mantras to Success
- Barack Obama’s Ultimate Guide to Marketing: How he Used Internet and Social Media to Become President-Elect