Eight Useful iPhone Applications For The Web Designers
The iPhone is a multimedia smartphone designed by Apple with a multi touch screen and a marginal hardware interface. IPhone offers a plenty of web-based applications that are truly distinct and wonderful.
Even though Apple has not made it an open stand for developers, but the company has stoutly encouraged development of Web-based functions for the iPhone. In fact, there are several choices that make it difficult to discover the best. Apple’s interface and iPhone Tech Talks have led developers to craft a plenty of Internet connected iPhone applications. Below mentioned are some of the most powerful iPhone applications for web designers.
Glide Mobile isn’t specifically an iPhone application as the service applies in many other mobile applications, but one of its features of word processing does fill up a big space for iPhone users.
Glide is an online agency and collaboration group that allocate users to make, edit and share nearly all kinds of documents together with word processing files, photos, contact lists, websites, calendars and more.
Word processing allows the users to create and edit varied documents from an iPhone. Later on these documents can be converted to RTF, PDF or Word on the computer.
Even though you can approach all the iphone’s Internet features by using data services, however checking your mails or surfing on internet can be relatively slow as the speed is being limited to 2.5G. Connecting to the network using Wi-Fi always convey considerably better performance. JiWire helps you to trace wireless hotspots all round the world. By simply typing the location or zip code, you can attain a list of paid and/or free networks in close proximity.
JiWire’s offers a specialized interface services for iPhone users to easily locate the hotspots around you. It can even assimilate with the iPhone’s Map application program to help you find hotspots.
Movie.app is another distinct application that goes well with the look and feel of iPhone’s applications. Movies.app allow you to surf through all the movies showing at different theaters in your area on a particular date. You can either browse by the name of theatre or by the list of movies.
Movies.app can integrate with Maps application for finding the location. You can even buy online tickets with the help of this application.
iPhlickr brings an easy and efficient interface to browse Flickr with the iPhone. The interface is exceedingly similar to YouTube application. It allows you to browse through your photo album and newly uploaded photos along with the search ability based on username and tags. For features such as favorites and comments, iPhlickr grants easy access to Flickr from any image.
Google’s mobile suite is an outstanding set of tools for iPhone users. This iPhone application provides easy access to nearly all the Web-based features of Google including Google Docs, Gmail, Google Reader, Google Calendar, Google Notebook and more.
One of the functional features in Google Mobile application is Google Notebook. It allows access to every notebook created through the Google Notebook and you can also create Mobile Notes that can be accessed later from any computer using Gmail account.
Google Reader is another great feature of this application. Although the iPhone servers supply an RSS reader, it is not entirely featured like Google Reader. It also does not provide a method for flagged status or syncing read through the computer. Google Reader offers a separate reader for use on the iPhone and on PC or Mac connected to Internet.
The two greatest challenges for taking benefit of the varied iPhone applications are firstly to find them and secondly to organize them. With the help of uPhoneHome, you can actually do both. Using a similar interface to the iPhone’s home screen, it grants link to a large assortment of iPhone applications. To find out the recently released applications or any specific application, the list can be sorted out on the basis of date and category. Frequently used applications frequently used can be marked as favorites by pressing the star next to every icon. The marked applications are showcased on a separate screen so that you can easily locate them without going through the entire list.
As soon as the application is launched from uPhoneHome, the favorites are displayed together with a home icon to get back to uPhoneHome at the top frame of Safari’s view for easy approach. If you utilize applications that are not available in uPhoneHome’s list, then they can be added in a separate list marked by an icon to uPhoneHome for easy access. This information actually gets stored up in your iPhone, so you need not create an account to make use of uPhoneHome.
Listingly is an online list manager that now presents an iPhone web-based application. Listingly is used to create wish lists, to-do lists, grocery lists and freestyle lists. You can also group items into different categories. In fact, similar items get automatically grouped in Listingly. Even though you need to make lists from a customary web interface, but once the list is prepared, it can be totally administered from the iPhone. Listingly provides a wonderful list-management enclosure for iPhone that goes far away from only providing the basic shopping or to-do lists.
A numerous amount of iPhone applications are dedicated to social networking sites. These combined applications are good for keeping in touch with family, friends, relatives and colleagues. Facebook, Twitter, Multiply are some of the best social networking sites that have devoted iPhone applications access to meet your needs. Besides, there are some new social networking sites that are specifically designed for iPhone users including iPling, iRovr, and iPhone Colony.
Besides all the above-mentioned applications, there are many other iPhone applications that are truly great in their use. LED banner, Instafresh, flashlight, My eBay, Collage, Theme builder, poof and RSS Reader are some of the other important applications carried by iPhone. With a large number of iPhone features & applications, it is difficult to say which one holds the best.
One Response to “Eight Useful iPhone Applications For The Web Designers”
Leave a Reply
Articles Under Apple Section
Articles Under Design Section
- 101 More Impressive Business Card Design
- 25 More Excellent Tattoo Design
- Beautiful Examples of Pink Color Web Pages
- 46 Excellent Water Drops Photography
- How to Create a Realistic Credit Card in Photoshop
- 17 Creative WebPage Designs Created Through CS5
- 32 Creative Water Designs to Stay Fresh this Autumn
- Attractive Painting Example of Comic Superheroes
- 25 Creative Wedding Card Designs
- 23 Creative Twitter Background Design of Geeks
- 20 Creative Examples of Birthday Card Design 2010
- 16 Creative example of Hot Female Drawing Art
- 10 Creative Examples of Woodland Critters Art Design
- 23 Deadly and Heart Storming examples Of Digital Art
- 25 Latest and Well-Designed Resume Example
Articles Under Media Section
- Still………..WTF Digg..?????
- Do’s and Don’ts with Babies
- Seven Lesser Known Incredible Facts About 9/11
- Match Fixing Incidents Till Date
- Digg V.4 Fail
- Phone Call facility on Gmail
- 10 Incredible Inventions By The British
- 20 Hot Bollywood Babes Who Could Replace Hollywood Actresses
- A Sneak Peek Into Barrack Obama’s Personal Life
- Fifteen Digital Media Personnel Without Whom We Would Have Been Watching Television
- Twenty Media Whiz Women Who Changed the Media Altogether
Articles Under Microsoft Section
Articles Under Marketing Section
- How to Work with Different Breeds of Clients
- 7 Top Strategies to Make Anything Sell
- 10 Valuable Life Lessons Learnt from Bees
- Facebook hits Yahoo! Mail
- How Big Companies Utilize the Power of Social Media?
- 10 Ways to Show the World of Marketing You Care
- Fifteen Marketing Books Every Marketing Professional Should Read
- How can Internet Marketing Help Your Business to Grow
- How to Build an Effective Marketing Strategy
- Ingredients of an Effective Marketing Plan
- What Advice You Can Get From a Marketing Professional
- Difference Between Online And Offline Marketing
- Thirty Marketing Gurus and Their Mantras to Success
- Barack Obama’s Ultimate Guide to Marketing: How he Used Internet and Social Media to Become President-Elect