Thirty Marketing Gurus and Their Mantras to Success
There are a number of marketing gurus but the most prominent of them are as follows.
1. Steve Jobs: He is the chairman, cofounder and CEO of Apple Inc. His marketing style is considered by some to be aggressive and demanding.
2. Peter Drucker: He is well known for his writings on decentralization and simplification. He also advocated respect for workers. He also stressed that the company’s primary responsibility was serving customers.
3. Warren Buffet: Warren Buffet is well known for investing, business and philanthropy. He is also known for discipline and ethics. He is known for his quotes like “we enjoy the process far more than the proceeds”
4. David Aaker: His mastery at branding cannot be challenged. He is known for his outstanding contribution to the field of marketing. His books always present the theories of marketing mix exemplified with real life case studies.
5. Tom Peters: He is well known for hitting the bull’s eye rather than beating about the bush. One of his quotes “Love You Competitors” has a lot of meaning, provided you understand.
6. Jim Collins: He is well known because of his clear titles of his books as well as its contents. One of his books is ” Good to Great: Why Some Companies make the lead …. And Others Don’t ”
7. Jack Welch: When he became the head of GE, GE had 300 separate businesses. He restructured GE by resorting to huge layoffs. He founded the doctrine of exclusively maintaining operations.
8. Malcom Gladwell: His book “The Tipping Point” is excellent for public relation, marketing or communication professionals.
9. Al Ries: One of the best quotes of Al Ries is “Marketing is not selling. Marketing is building a brand in the mind of the prospect.” The other famous quote is “To be a good marketing person you have to know all these tactics, and then you’ve got to select the right tactic to win your particular battle.”
10. Mark Flavin: One of his quotes on marketing is as follows: “There is only one way to climb a mountain, step by step” He has written a book on how to write an eBook.
11. Ted Koppel: One of his quotes highlights the importance of anchormen in networking “In the days of Caesar, kings had fools and jesters. Now network presidents have anchormen.”
12. Chris Rempel: He wants to open our eyes to affiliate marketing but at the same time he says “”I’ve laid everything out on a silver platter, and yet, the sad fact of the matter is that a large number of people who read this book won’t do a damn thing about it. And yet, they’ll somehow be the “victim”.”
13. Thomas Nagle: In one of his quotes he highlights the importance of reality. The quote is “There is a tendency to seek an objective account of everything before admitting its reality.”
14. Wroe Alderson: One of his most famous quotes is “A Primary objective of marketing theory is to explore the various roads toward marketing efficiency.”
15. P.T Barnum: He is famous for the success mantra “Every man’s occupation should be beneficial to his fellow-man as well as profitable to himself. All else is vanity and folly.”
16. Sam Walton: He is founder of Sam’s club and Wall-mart. He was well known for his marketing skill and the attention that he paid for details.
17. Philip Knight: he is known for being the chairman and chief executive officer of Nike. One of his famous quotes is “The trouble in America is not that we are making too many mistakes, but that we are making too few.”
18. Neil McElroy: He was the general manager at Procter and Gamble. He focuses on training, development of managerial competence and expansion of the product line and marketing.
19. Philip Kotler: He is the author of book “A Framework for Marketing Management” that is usually referred to by the students of most of the business schools round the globe.
20. Theodore Levitt: One of his quotes on marketing is “CREATIVITY is thinking up new things. INNOVATION is doing new things”
21. George Day: He is Geoffrey T.Boisi. He is professor of marketing at Whaton university of Pennsylvania. He is famous for this book “Strategic Marketing Planning the Pursuit of Competitive Advantage”
22. Michael Porter: He is one of the most respected marketing gurus. One of his quotes is as follows “The essence of strategy is choosing what not to do.”
23. Seth Godin: One of his quotes “The problem is that once a consumer has bought someone else’s story and believes that lie, persuading the consumer to switch is the same as persuading him to admit he was wrong. And people hate admitting that they’re wrong.” This focuses on the consumer behavior in marketing.
24. Mike Filsaime: He is well known as the author of the book Butterfly Marketing. The concepts mentioned in his book are very much appropriate in marketing especially the internet marketing.
25. Willie Crawford: He is the author of books and teaches Internet Marketing. He has written books on getting the emails read and time management especially for people who are doing business through the internet.
26. Ewen Chia: Evan Chia is the author of books on internet marketing including books on working from home through the internet. He has even written a lot about affiliate marketing.
27. Eric Rockefeller: He has been considered crazy for mentioning that there one may not need pay per click advertising campaign for inviting more traffic to any website.
28. Tellman Knudson: He is a Certified Hypnotherapist and NLP Practitioner Expert. He is now the CEO of Overcome Everything, Inc. According to him “Asking questions is a tremendously powerful thing. You always want to ask advice from people who are smarter than you and people who have done what you’re trying to do, or at least something that’s like what you’re trying to do. The whole point here is getting an idea and asking lots of questions. It will generate more ideas, but make sure you’re asking questions to people who know what they’re talking about.”
29. Costa Dedes: He has written the book “Tom Traffic System” He has explained in this book nearly all the aspects of internet marketing.
30. Nick Nelson: One his quotes hint directly at the weakest point in marketing. “The most expensive marketing is marketing that doesn’t work. We approach our client relationships with this idea in mind and produce marketing campaigns that drive consumers from apathy to action.”
4 Responses to “Thirty Marketing Gurus and Their Mantras to Success”
Leave a Reply
Articles Under Apple Section
Articles Under Design Section
- 101 More Impressive Business Card Design
- 25 More Excellent Tattoo Design
- Beautiful Examples of Pink Color Web Pages
- 46 Excellent Water Drops Photography
- How to Create a Realistic Credit Card in Photoshop
- 17 Creative WebPage Designs Created Through CS5
- 32 Creative Water Designs to Stay Fresh this Autumn
- Attractive Painting Example of Comic Superheroes
- 25 Creative Wedding Card Designs
- 23 Creative Twitter Background Design of Geeks
- 20 Creative Examples of Birthday Card Design 2010
- 16 Creative example of Hot Female Drawing Art
- 10 Creative Examples of Woodland Critters Art Design
- 23 Deadly and Heart Storming examples Of Digital Art
- 25 Latest and Well-Designed Resume Example
Articles Under Media Section
- Still………..WTF Digg..?????
- Do’s and Don’ts with Babies
- Seven Lesser Known Incredible Facts About 9/11
- Match Fixing Incidents Till Date
- Digg V.4 Fail
- Phone Call facility on Gmail
- 10 Incredible Inventions By The British
- 20 Hot Bollywood Babes Who Could Replace Hollywood Actresses
- A Sneak Peek Into Barrack Obama’s Personal Life
- Fifteen Digital Media Personnel Without Whom We Would Have Been Watching Television
- Twenty Media Whiz Women Who Changed the Media Altogether
Articles Under Microsoft Section
Articles Under Marketing Section
- How to Work with Different Breeds of Clients
- 7 Top Strategies to Make Anything Sell
- 10 Valuable Life Lessons Learnt from Bees
- Facebook hits Yahoo! Mail
- How Big Companies Utilize the Power of Social Media?
- 10 Ways to Show the World of Marketing You Care
- Fifteen Marketing Books Every Marketing Professional Should Read
- How can Internet Marketing Help Your Business to Grow
- How to Build an Effective Marketing Strategy
- Ingredients of an Effective Marketing Plan
- What Advice You Can Get From a Marketing Professional
- Difference Between Online And Offline Marketing
- Thirty Marketing Gurus and Their Mantras to Success
- Barack Obama’s Ultimate Guide to Marketing: How he Used Internet and Social Media to Become President-Elect